Principle responsibilities will include:
- Expand the financial base for the Foundation, pursuing philanthropic funding sources and other creative sources of revenue for the organization, including community fundraising projects, as approved or recommended by the Board.
- Oversee the successful implementation of the organization’s philanthropic and marketing strategies, enabling the Foundation to grow its asset base as established in the long-range strategic plan.
- Position the Foundation as a leader in gathering financial resources through relationships with the community, business and public-sector leaders in the region in order to support the goals of the Foundation.
- Serve as the Foundation’s liaison to donors, prospective donors and the community.
- Manage the daily operations and provides guidance to Foundation staff members.
Our Executive Director must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, at least five years’ experience in a business environment, and a high level of efficiency with technology including the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with a foundation, the not-for-profit sector, legal practices, and financial processes would be beneficial.
Our next Executive Director must possess:
- The capacity to raise funds and secure investments from individuals, businesses, private foundations and other potential contributors.
- Skill in effective written and oral communication and the capacity to engage in genuine conversations with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong administrative, management and organizational skills.
- The ability to provide engaging public presentations regarding the Foundation and our mission.
- A passion for and dedication to the communities served by the Foundation.
Once hired, the Executive Director will be required to reside within our region of service, which includes the City of Danville and the Counties of Pittsylvania, Halifax and Caswell North Carolina.
Interested applicants may send their confidential resume by December 12 to:
The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region
Attention Search Committee
P.O. Box 1039
Danville, Virginia 24543