About Community Foundation of the Dan River Region: Created in 1996 by a group of caring, forward thinking local civic leaders, The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region has grown to a robust organization supporting many nonprofit partners in the region. During its 23 years of operation, the Foundation has awarded more than $24 million in grants and scholarships due to the generosity of its donors. The Foundation enhances quality of life in our community through grants for basic human services, education and youth development, health and wellness, community development, animal welfare, arts and culture, and environmental initiatives. Our scholarships have assisted more than 1,100 students with their post-secondary education expenses. The Foundation’s focus continues to be on making a measurable impact on key community issues.
Mission: To improve and enrich the lives of people in our community by encouraging the generosity of donors; by receiving, managing and distributing important resources; and by meeting a variety of charitable purposes in our community.
Position Summary/Overview: The Donor Services Manager supports the development initiatives of The Community Foundation. He/she assists with development and donor services communication including donor cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship. This person has a significant role in office management, ensuring accurate record keeping and reporting for the Foundation. The position supports special projects and event preparation.
Specific Job Expectations, Skills and Requirements
Development & Donor Services Responsibilities
• Coordinate electronic and hard copy fund holder communication, including donor reports, fund statements and special recognitions.
• Assist with planning and execution of Foundation special projects and events.
• Plan and execute mailings to donors, prospective donors and professional advisors.
• Develop and complete paperwork necessary to capture vital information about newly established funds and new and current donors.
• Update and maintain donor database files.
• Maintain current policies and procedures manual.
• Provide quick responses with a target of one-to-two working business day turn-around (or less) on all prospective donor inquiries.
• Implement special projects as identified by the Executive Director.
Office Management Responsibilities
• Process all donation entries including checks, stock contributions, online gifts and fund transfers. Create daily financial packet and deliver deposit to financial institutions.
• Process all accounts and grants payments and maintain respective files.
• Monitor equipment, coordinate maintenance, and oversee opening and closing office.
• Coordinate Board and other Foundation Committee meetings logistics and documentation.
• Coordinate repairs and service calls as necessary.
• Maintain an inventory of and procurement of office supplies.
• Process hand-signed outgoing letters and checks.
• Assist donors, Board members, grantees, Professional Advisors, and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
• College degree preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Experience with Blackbaud – FIMS.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and a self-starter.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities.
• Experience with donor service or management experience.
• Nonprofit foundation experience preferred.
General Foundation Support
• Participate in community activities to enhance The Community Foundation operations, as well as those of the field.
• Work with Foundation donors and prospects to develop their giving programs and provide regular reports on programs the donors have supported.
• Work as a member of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Foundation.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- A cover letter describing why this role is aligned to your background, skills, and interest
- Current resume
- Materials are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day, Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- References will be requested from final candidates
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, retirement contributions, holiday, sick and vacation leave.
The Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.