Check out The Foundation’s latest e-news, including announcing our upcoming competitive grant cycle and grantee words of impact and gratitude! Read more here: https://conta.cc/3Md99Bm
Check out The Foundation’s latest e-news, including new staff introduction, CFDRR fund spotlight, advocacy for CFDRR partner programs, and grantee impact stories! Read more here: https://conta.cc/3uFpd7p
The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region
Job Posting: Grant and Scholarship Administrator
About The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region: Created in 1996 by a group of caring, forward thinking local civic leaders, The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region has grown to a robust organization supporting many nonprofit partners in the region. During its 25 years of operation, the Foundation has awarded more than $28 million in grants and scholarships due to the generosity of its donors. The Foundation enhances quality of life in our community through grants for basic human services, education and youth development, health and wellness, community development, animal welfare, arts and culture, and environmental initiatives. Our scholarships have assisted more than 1,370 students with their post-secondary education expenses. The Foundation’s focus continues to be on making a measurable impact in the Dan River Region’s key areas of need.
Mission: To improve and enrich the lives of people in our community by encouraging the generosity of donors; by receiving, managing and distributing important resources; and by meeting a variety of charitable purposes in our community.
Position Summary/Overview: The Community Foundation is searching for a full-time Grant and Scholarship Administrator to provide programmatic and administrative support for its grant making and scholarship activities. The position will ensure The Foundation’s programmatic goals are achieved with high regard for quality and accuracy. The Grant and Scholarship Administrator is responsible for three primary areas: (1) managing The Foundation’s grant and scholarship programs while maintaining data integrity; (2) contributing to development and marketing initiatives; and (3) supporting The Foundation’s special projects and events. The successful candidate is a well-organized, self-starter who works effectively within a small team and with the public.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Expectations, Skills, and Requirements
Grant and Scholarship Duties:
- Review and qualify grant proposals through written and online materials, site visits and interviews with other funders and relevant agencies.
- Prepare and present written and oral analyses of grant and scholarship requests for Foundation staff, Board, donors, and/or committee members.
- Work directly with grant seekers to provide clarification of Foundation priorities, direction regarding application procedures, and feedback on proposals.
- Monitor grants, including the production of grant agreements, progress reports, payment requests, and other related correspondence and meetings with grantees.
- Administer The Foundation’s scholarship program, including the scholarship reception, and visit with area schools and guidance counselors.
- Use Blackbaud FIMS (Fully Integrated Foundation Management System) and AcademicWorks database software to input, track and maintain grant/scholarship information.
Special Project Duties:
- Facilitate and collaborate on special events, projects, and publications as requested for The Foundation, ensuring a thoughtful and reasonable process; timely preparation and coordination of key activities and materials for committees.
- Provide content and contribute to the preparation process for recurring print and online publications such as Constant Contact eNewsletters.
General Foundation Support:
- Work as a member of multidisciplinary team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of The Foundation.
- Participate in community activities to enhance Foundation operations, as well as those of other area organizations.
- Work with Foundation donors and prospects to develop its giving programs and provide regular reports on programs the donors have supported.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors and/or Executive Director.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and nonprofit experience preferred.
- Fluency in computer applications, including word processing, email, internet browsers, database programs and presentation softwares (such as Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Constant Contact and Blackbaud FIMS) with an aptitude to learn new systems quickly.
- High regard for quality and accuracy, attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential information such as contributions and other related correspondence.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact comfortably with a wide variety of constituents and communicate effectively both in person and on the telephone, and through public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, board members, donors, grantees, and the public.
- Strong, professional oral and written communication skills and creativity, especially with a critical thinking approach.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities.
Benefits: The benefits package includes access to Paid Time Off, paid holidays, life, health, vision, and dental insurance. Simplified Employee Pension benefit after one year.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter summarizing your experience and qualifications with your resume, to Katherine Milam at email@example.com, by April 25, 2022.
The Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jordan Bennett was awarded the Adkerson-Dodson Special Education Scholarship in 2019, pictured with donor honoree, Judie Dodson. Don’t forget: CFDRR is still accepting scholarship applications through Tuesday, March 1, 2022! click here to apply online. Please contact us with any questions at (434) 793-0884.
Don’t forget: CFDRR is still accepting scholarship applications through Tuesday, March 1, 2022! Click here to apply online. Please contact us with any questions at (434) 793-0884. Read more in our e-news: https://conta.cc/35N4oy1.
Pictured: Walter and Gail Gunn and 2019 recipients of the Gail and Walter Gunn Scholarship. #cfdrr #scholarships2022
The Community Foundation’s 2022 scholarship application cycle is now open to area students. Students can apply at https://www.cfdrr.org/scholarships/apply-for-a-scholarship/. The application cycle will close on March 1, 2022. Visit our website for a list of frequently asked questions, or contact The Foundation’s office.
That’s a wrap! Happy New Year from CFDRR! As our twenty-fifth anniversary year comes to a close, we celebrate the Foundation’s community impact since 1996. In the last twenty-five years, the Foundation has awarded $24 Million in grants to enhance quality of life across the Dan River Region; awarded $2.7 Million in scholarships to 1,371 students; received $51 Million in gifts given by Community Foundation Donors; and holds $51.5 Million in charitable assets dedicated to our region’s quality of life. Thank you for your generous support over the last quarter century. We look forward to creating many more years of community impact!
Happy Holidays from The Community Foundation’s Board and Staff!
CFDRR’s 25th Anniversary: Celebrating Key Milestones in Our History
In 2019, Katherine W. Milam became the Executive Director of the Foundation upon Debra Dodson’s retirement. In her time with CFDRR, the Foundation has seen a growth in total charitable assets from over $37 million in 2019 to over $51 million in 2021. Kathy is dedicated to the Foundation’s mission to improve and enrich the lives of people in the community by encouraging the generosity of donors; by receiving, managing and distributing important resources; and by meeting a variety of charitable purposes in the community.
CFDRR’s 25th Anniversary: Celebrating Key Milestones in Our History
In 1996, the Foundation was originally named the DPC Community Foundation. In 2004, the name changed to The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region. In 2017, the Foundation released a new logo and branding.