1. City of Danville-Department of Social Services ($15,000)
Purpose: to assist individuals/families in the City of Danville affected by COVID-19 through the Neighbors Helping Neighbors program
2. God’s Storehouse ($9,800)
Purpose: to purchase gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray/wipes for volunteers, to purchase and install plexiglass shields for all desks, and to purchase meat and bread for food distribution program
3. Pittsylvania County Community Action ($20,000)
Purpose: to help with rent and utility assistance for citizens living in Pittsylvania County
4. Caswell County Senior Services ($26,000)
Purpose: to help cover at least one month’s cost of meals for senior citizens in Caswell County
5. Caswell County-Department of Social Services ($12,000)
Purpose: to support the Crisis Intervention Program’s COVID-19 relief efforts, which assists residents of Caswell County who cannot afford to pay their utility bill
6. Danville Pittsylvania Chamber Foundation ($50,000)
Purpose: to support COVID-19 relief work of the Dan River Region Entrepreneur Ecosystem by filling gaps in funding through mini grants to small businesses and entrepreneurs that have struggled to access other sources of funding during the COVID-19 crisis
7) Smart Beginnings Danville Pittsylvania ($50,000): For resource boxes distributed by community partners, the efforts of vulnerable parents “at home” with young children, ages birth to five, who are experiencing an increased amount of economic and emotional stress due to the pandemic; and to provide “Recognition Stipends” for fifteen childcare providers that have remained open to serve essential workers during the pandemic creating risk for personal health and additional operational challenges.
8) Pittsylvania County ($10,000): To purchase reusable masks, hand sanitizer, thermometers, and COVID-19 best practice magnets for safety kits to aid in Pittsylvania County’s COVID-19 public awareness campaign.
9) Caswell County ($10,000): To purchase hand sanitizer, face coverings, forehead thermometers, magnets with relevant phone numbers, and literature with prevention tools and best practices to aid Caswell County Local Government’s COVID-19 public awareness campaign.
10) City of Danville ($10,000): To assist with the purchase of masks and hand sanitizer for our at-risk community.
11) Olde Dominion Agricultural Foundation ($17,000): To address food insecurity in Pittsylvania County, particularly during the month of July, when schools are on a break from serving lunches.
Note: Please select “Coronavirus Relief Fund” on the designation menu.