Job Posting – Foundation Administrator
About Community Foundation of the Dan River Region: Created in 1996 by a group of caring, forward thinking local civic leaders, The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region has grown to a robust organization supporting many nonprofit partners and students in the region. During its 27 years of operation, the Foundation has awarded more than $31 million in grants and scholarships due to the generosity of its donors. The Foundation enhances quality of life in our community through grants for basic human services, education and youth development, health and wellness, community development, animal welfare, arts and culture, and environmental initiatives. Our scholarships have assisted more than 1,700 students with their post-secondary education expenses. The Foundation’s focus continues to be on making a measurable impact on key community issues.
Mission: To improve and enrich the lives of the region’s residents by encouraging and facilitating donations; by managing, investing and distributing these donations in accordance with donors’ wishes while meeting community needs; and by ensuring these donations create a lasting legacy of growth and opportunity throughout the region.
Position Summary/Overview: The Foundation Administrator supports the development initiatives of The Community Foundation. The individual assists with donor services communication including fund management, donor stewardship and correspondence. This person holds office management and governance responsibilities, supports special projects and event preparation, and supports the grant and scholarship process.
Specific Job Expectations, Skills and Requirements
Development and Donor Services Responsibilities
• Coordinate donor communication, including donor reports, fund statements and special recognitions.
• Assist with planning and execution of Foundation special projects and events.
• Plan and execute mailings to donors, prospective donors and professional advisors.
• Develop and complete paperwork necessary to capture vital information about newly established funds and new donors.
• Update and maintain donor database files.
• Maintain current policies and procedures manual.
• Provide quick responses with a target of one-to-two business day turn-around on all prospective donor inquiries.
• Implement special projects as identified by the Executive Director.
Office Management Responsibilities
• Monitor equipment, coordinate maintenance, and oversee opening and closing office.
• Coordinate facility repairs and service calls as necessary.
• Maintain, procure, and inventory office supplies.
• Process hand-signed outgoing letters and checks.
• Help coordinate Board and other Foundation Committee meetings, logistics, and documentation.
• Assist donors, Board members, grantees, Professional Advisors, and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
• Handle miscellaneous inquiries (phone and walk-in).
General Foundation Support
• Provide support to review and process grant and scholarship applications and provide accurate and timely communication with applicants and awardees.
• Participate in community activities to enhance The Community Foundation operations.
• Work with Foundation donors and prospects to develop their charitable giving goals.
• Work as a member of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Foundation.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• College degree preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and a self-starter.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities.
• Experience with donor services or management experience.
• Nonprofit experience preferred.
• A cover letter describing why this role is a good fit for your interests.
• Current resume.
• Materials are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day, September 25, 2023.
• References will be requested from final candidates.
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, retirement contributions, holiday, sick and vacation leave.
The Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.