2020 Interim Grant Report Form
2020 Final Grant Report Form
Non Profit Budget Worksheet Template
A Guide to Strategic and Sustainable Nonprofit Storytelling
Is My Organization Eligible to Receive Funding from The Community Foundation? If you can answer yes to these two questions, then your organization is eligible to apply during our application period each year.
- Does your organization have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status in good standing? OR is your organization a government entity?
- Do you serve citizens in our region of Danville, Pittsylvania and Caswell County?
The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region accepts Grant Proposals during the competitive grant cycle each year for projects that are occurring during the grant cycle (January-December). Please remember that The Community Foundation does not accept proposals for reimbursement, expenses charged against the grant must be incurred during the funding grant period. All applications must be submitted online.
- Click the sign up button in the upper right hand corner to create your log-in
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to complete your account set-up
- Once your account is created you may begin your application
The application is a 2-part process:
- General Application (GA) – Think about this like an organizational profile page/introduction; this is for broad material about your organization as a whole rather than the project/program you are requesting funds for.
- Opportunity Specific Application (OSA) – This is where specific information about your program or project is entered.
- BOTH the GA and the OSA must be completed in order to for your application to be submitted. [Note: You will not have access to the OSA in the system until you have completed the GA.]
- You can edit and update both your GA and your OSA until the cycle’s end date (even after submission).
- Uploading Documents
- File Formats: You must use an appropriate file format (Ex: .doc, .docx, .xls, etc…) for the system. If you attempt to use something other than the accepted formats (which are listed in a red box at the top of the application if you attempt to upload an unsupported file type) the upload will not be successful. (Note: Mac formatted documents (Pages, Numbers, etc.) will not work.) When in doubt, convert to a PDF.
- File Naming: Do not use symbols in your file titles, as the system seems to have trouble with some of them. Stick to letters and numbers only.
- Process: Select “Add New File” and then select “Browse” – A dialog box will open where you can search for and choose your desired upload. Click “Open” when you select the file you want. The name of the file should display to the right. Select the gray button on the bottom right to save and continue editing your application. This will refresh the page. Scroll back down to the question you uploaded a file for and ensure the file you want is selected in the drop down menu.
- Selection: Only one file will go through with your application per question. If you wish to have multiple documents for a question you will have to merge them prior to uploading them on the system.
- Miscellaneous: If there is a question that requires an upload that you do not want/have to fill out (i.e. “Supplemental Documentation”) just upload a document that states that the question is not applicable.
- At any time you can see your applications in the system by clicking the “Applications” tab in the blue bar along the top. There should be two (the GA and the OSA).
Below is a timeline of our Competitive Grant Cycle, exact dates will vary from year to year. Our process starts every June at The Community Foundation. To receive more information on our grant cycle or if you would like to add your organization to our mailing list, please contact Morgan Epstein, Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org