A permanent endowment fund gives organizations the opportunity to create a fund that generates investment income, year after year, which can be drawn down in annual payments to the organization, or reinvested in the fund to grow over time. The permanence of an endowment fund is both appealing and reassuring to donors and nonprofit boards of directors who seek the enduring value of a dedicated source of income to support the organization they love, today and forever.
Agency Endowment Funds:
- Boys & Girls Clubs Endowment Fund (’13)
- Caswell Family Medical Center Endowment Fund (’18)
- Danville Museum of Fine Arts & History Endowment Fund (’20)
- Danville Symphony Orchestra Endowment Fund (’14)
- Riverview Rotary Endowment Fund (’18)
- Urban Bible & Ministry Institute/NCP Endowment Fund (’06)
Community Foundation benefits to agencies
CFDRR Agency Endowment FAQs
A church endowment fund gives the opportunity to create a fund that generates investment income, year after year, which can be drawn down in annual payments to the church, or reinvested in the fund to grow over time. Funds can also be established to support nonprofit mission work in the area or the nation or to establish a scholarship to benefit area students. The permanence of an endowment fund is both appealing and reassuring to donors and church boards who seek the enduring value of a dedicated source of income to support the organization they love, today and forever. Through a Church Endowment Fund, your church can establish an endowment fund to support its
- Accept current or deferred donations of appreciated property from your members including publicly traded securities, closely held stock, real estate, life insurance policies, and more, without your donors incurring a capital gains burden.
- Participate in The Community Foundation’s $35 million investment portfolio as overseen by our Finance Committee of experienced investment, finance, and business professionals. The investment portfolio is well-balanced across 13 different investment manager (Five year average return of 8.0%).
- Partner with The Community Foundation to leverage its gift planning services to help your church secure and administer bequests and other future planned gifts for your endowment.
Church Endowment Funds:
- Fairview United Methodist Church Scholarship Fund (’17)
- Main Street United Methodist Church Fund (’07)
- North Main Baptist Church Scholarship Fund (’16)
- Robert and Bernice Milam Scholarship (’10)
- Yanceyville Methodist Church Cemetery Fund (’16)
- Percy and Velna Scearce Scholarship Fund (’00)
Church Endowment Overview